I've been working at MCD Partners for the past 6 months. It's been a great experience, and it's super fun to LOVE going to work.
- using assemble to break out sections of web pgs (switched this blog from Jekyll to Assemble)
- all the HIGH CHARTS!, making charts switch data, fancy chart business.
- Wordpress ads, wordpress themes
- Set up custom AMP Pages
- carousel component, starting to create modular scripts
- Ads, shared styles, etc.
- SVG things, read Chris Coyiers SVG book and implemented some tactics from this in my work.
- Improved php a bit. Read a bunch more of PHP and MySQL Web Development, love that book!
- Played w/connecting to API and credit card processing
- Beginnings of an Alexa App, playing with Node and AWS
Things I want to develop a better sense of and work towards in this upcoming year:
- better sense of how long things should take (estimating... not my favorite)
- Develop a sense of Object Oriented programming, read some books and start to organize bits of code
- ES6 course / book / learning.
- start to think about some sort of testing for code I write
- read more of the refactoring book
- produce a Alexa app. Legit like. (AKA: actually finish something)
- mayyyyybe start to learn a new language? Feels a little early... but maybe not? Learn PHP more? Node? Something else??